The big man in red might be cool with a belly, but at #ReflexNation… yeah, not so much.
That’s why we tasked Ryan Tang, member of Team Reflex, for a healthy holiday recipe that would satiate our need for a little festive cheer, but wouldn’t pack on the pounds during this saccharine season.
Make a batch yourself, and let us know what you think!
1) Combine coconut oil and dark chocolate and place in microwave safe bowl. Melt in microwave until liquefied.
2) While the coconut oil and chocolate mixture is warm slowly stir in the protein powder until well incorporated. The mixture at this point will be slightly dry and lumpy.
3) Gradually add in water or almond milk 1/2 tablespoon at a time until mixture is smooth and the consistency of a thick pancake batter (you may not need the full 2 tablespoons of water or almond milk).
4) Stir in the peppermint extract.
5) Line a small Tupperware container with parchment paper and pour mixture into the container while trying to make as even layered as possible.
6) Place container in the freezer for 1 hour.
7) Remove from freezer and cut into 8 pieces and enjoy!
**Note** – Consume immediately after removing from the freezer. The bark will begin to thaw and turn soft after about 5 minutes out of the freezer.
Fat: 18.5 grams
Carb: 7 grams
Protein: 25 grams
Sign up for expert advice and be the first to hear about special offers!