Can Supplements Replace Meals
You may have asked yourself the question… can supplements replace meals? The short answer is YES. The long answer is a bit more detailed. There are more than just a few reasons why people would want to replace meals with supplements instead. Fortunately, there are many options available for legitimate healthy meal replacement solutions that will allow people to still support their specific goals. Before diving deep into these options, it is important to note some of the reasons why people are so interested in replacing meals.
Why replace meals anyways?
- Trying to cut down on calories but still maintain necessary nutrient consumption. Normally actual food comes with higher calorie count and some people just want to cut down on the amount of real food that they consume without having to skip the consumption of any nutrients at all.
- Wanting to gain mass, but cannot possibly force-feed anymore food. When gaining mass people often report feeling, “Bloated”, or, “Way too full” and then they end up not being able to eat much more food because they simply can’t fit anymore in.
- Busy schedules. In the modern day hustle and bustle it becomes increasingly difficult to have the time to sit down and eat properly.
- The need for many to decrease the stress that digesting food can place on the digestive tract. There are increasingly more food sensitivities and digestive disorders that are remedied by decreasing stress on the digestive tract to allow it to heal.
- Those recovering from surgeries of the digestive tract or other general surgeries that require less strain on the body’s digestive system.
- Those that are ill and do not have an appetite but need nourishment for strength and recovery.
- For people that want to supplement their diet as a means of fortifying the nutrients that they are consuming on a daily basis. This is a common need for elite athletes because their nutrient needs are higher than average. In addition, elite athletes are able to put those nutrients to good use quite quickly.
The reasons above, of course, are just a few of the top reasons why meal replacement is such an important piece for so many people. There are many other reasons that exist as well.
If you’ve read this far, you’re probably now wondering what meal replacement supplements are available to satisfy the needs above. If so, we’ve got you covered.
Meal Replacement Supplement Solutions:
1. Meal Replacement Powders
These often come in the form of a powder for mixing as a shake. They typically consist of protein, complex carbohydrates, fats, fibre, and a variety of micronutrients as well. Essentially, these mimic the nutrients that would be consumed in a healthy balanced meal. Meal replacements are great if you know that you won’t have time to prepare and/or eat one of your meals. They are quick, easy, and ensure that your diet stays on track. In addition, meal replacement powders come in all sorts of forms – from high calorie options, to low calorie options, and everything in-between. These are very useful because they are so versatile and can adapt to whatever your personal goals may be.
2. Ready-To-Drink (RTDs)
These are pre-mixed drinks that are very quick and convenient. They are useful for those that are in a hurry. Since they are already ready to drink, they do not require packing scoops of powder into a shaker bottle, finding water to add, shaking up a powdered drink, and/or having to deal with a used shaker bottle all day. You simply open, drink, and recycle. RTDs come in many flavours and, like meal replacement powders, they can be found in low-calorie options, moderate-calorie options, and high-calorie options. This makes these very easy to conform to whatever your specific physique goals may be.
3. Protein Bars / Meal Replacement Bars (Whole Foods Bars)
Protein bars come in all sorts of nutrient variations. If you are watching your calories but find yourself in a hurry, having a low calorie protein bar will be able to satisfy your hunger and save you a lot of time. Similarly, if you are needing a higher calorie replacement for a meal, there are many whole food bars that will keep you feeling full for longer periods of time. More recently, protein bars have also been made available in vegan options to suit more people that are looking for meal replacement options that are conducive to their lifestyle.
4. High-Protein Snacks
With the increasing interest in meal replacement options, many companies have also developed delicious high-protein snacks and treats. These are often high in protein, high in fibre, and low in sugar. Although they do not make for great meal replacements, they are perfect for snack replacements. They allow for a healthy snack alternative to a chocolate bar, chips, or candy. These healthy alternative snacks are found in all sorts of forms like protein popcorn, protein chips/crisps, protein gummy candy, and so on.
5. Greens and Reds Drink
Consuming a vegetable greens and/or antioxidant rich berry supplement on a daily basis will go a long way in supporting overall health and wellness. If you are having trouble with fitting in all of your fruit and/or vegetable meals, your body is likely producing toxins from excess stress and craving these at the same time. These supplements pack antioxidant capabilities that allow them to fight off free radicals and keep the body functioning smoothly. They also take away the stress in knowing that you have to eat more fruits and vegetables.
In the modern world there is an increasing need for meal replacement supplements and with innovative flavouring there are so many options available to satisfy this need. It is a great time to be alive if you’re looking to replace meals and not sacrifice your health and/or goals in the process.
To find the meal replacement supplements that work best for you, or for training ideas, visit us in store and have a chat with one of our experts. We can also be reached on Facebook and Instagram. If you try any of the meal replacement options mentioned above, be sure to tag us! We are #ReflexNation.