This soup is the perfect detox recipe! Whether you’re feeling under the weather or had a little too much fun on the weekend it’ll get you back on your feet, feeling healthy in no time.
With a great vitamin profile (A, C, K, B1, B3 and choline) and a whopping 8g of fiber per serving it’s going to be your key to eating clean and feeling lean as the holiday season approaches.
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup diced carrots
4 cups chopped purple cabbage (approx. 1/4 head of cabbage)
1 cup sweet peas
2 green bell peppers, chopped
2 cups broccoli chopped
2 cups sliced zucchini
1 can (28 oz) low sodium diced tomatoes
6 cups low sodium beef or chicken broth (bone broth is best)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon each thyme & basil
Pepper and Salt to taste
Shredded chicken breast
1. In a large pot cook onion & garlic over medium heat until slightly softened.
2. Add carrots, cabbage & green peas and cook an additional 5 minutes.
3. Stir in bell peppers, undrained tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, bay leaves and seasonings. Simmer 6-7 minutes.
4. Add in zucchini & broccoli. Simmer an additional 5 minutes or until softened.
5. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Nutritional information: Yields 7 large servings
Fat: 1.4 (0 trans)
Carbs: 22.9 g
(Based without adding optional ingredients)
About Your Author
Chloe Logan is an avid fitness enthusiast, provincially qualified competitive bodybuilder, and a member of Team Reflex. After losing 30 lbs through proper diet and nutrition, she knows what it takes and works hard to motivate and educate others to live a healthy fit life. For more inspiration from Chloe be sure to follow her on Instagram.
Sign up for expert advice and be the first to hear about special offers!